Patty Carmody – Rest in Peace

It is with great sadness that we announce that Patty Carmody, former community member, and longtime dear friend, joined the Heavenly Cloud of Witnesses on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 10 pm from cancer, which she struggled with for the past few years. She is deeply loved and will be sorely missed, and never forgotten.

Arrangements are forthcoming. Please check back in the coming days.

PATTY CARMODY – ¡PRESENTE!

Permanent link to this article: https://www.lacatholicworker.org/wp/2021/12/08/patty-carmody-rest-in-peace/

8 comments

Skip to comment form

• Trish Craig on December 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Patty was my best friend for 75 years and I’m heartbroken to see her go. One couldn’t ask for a better witness of
    Christ’s love.

• Leia Smith- OCCW on December 15, 2021 at 2:58 pm

What a warm and caring woman she was….grateful to have known her!

• Toni Kathleen Flynn on December 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Dearest Patty helped me through the thick and thin of things during my six years at the High Desert Catholic Worker. Her devotion to the Gospel Message at the LACW and her dedication to ‘be there’ for her children, grandchildren and all the needy folks she encountered on the streets and in the prisons inspired me to strive to become more like Patty and more like Jesus. Many a night and many a day, she lifted me with her humor and her positivity. I will miss her and I am filled with gratitude that we were friends.

• Joyce Parkhurst on December 16, 2021 at 4:49 pm

A lovely photograph of a beautiful woman….. I will miss her.

• Toni Kathleen Flynn on December 17, 2021 at 8:31 am

Beautiful, lovely, humorous, generous Patty. I love you and will miss you terribly.

• Fr Chris Ponnet on December 18, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Jesse and Patty!! Presente! Amazing people So sorry to miss their services. Part of great cloud of witness before and now forever! Fr Chris Ponnet
    We will remember them at our 4pm Zoom mass/Hybrid Sunday Dec 19 http://www.stcamilluscenter.org

• Liz Stevens on December 18, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Patty’s funeral mass will be on January 29th, 11:30 am at the Saint Kateri church in Santa Clarita. We look forward to seeing all of mom’s LACW friends. And, many thanks to Father Boyle for saying the mass. -Michele, Matt, Libby, Jim and Patrick.

• Joyce Parkhurst on January 25, 2022 at 11:56 am

Happy 90th Birthday Patty !!!! Miss you!